Street Laced Marketing & Promotions Policies
- All quotes provided to clients via Street Laced representatives are valid for 3 business days (72 hours) and are to be accepted no later than 12:00pm on the 3rd business day.
- 30% deposit required for all Street Laced booked services, to be received no later than 5 days prior to the start of services. Remaining balance to be paid in full, within 14 days of the completion of services rendered.
- If the balance is 21 days past due, all Street Laced services will no longer be available to client, until remaining balances are paid in full.
- If any invoice(s) are past due, longer than 30 days, any remaining balances will be subject to collections via Thomas & LoCicero Law Group, 601 S. Boulevard, Tampa, Florida 33606.
- Required Deposits: Up to 30% of full balance will be satisfied no later than 48 hours prior to event start. All remaining balances after event is completed will be satisfied in full within the current pay period for which event was executed. Pay cycles (1st-15th is paid out on 18th | 16th-31st is paid out on the 3rd). Payments can be satisfied via ACH (if on file) with remaining balance email reminder on last day of payment pay period.
- Street Laced will make concessions for certain situations, based upon on communication with the client prior to services rendered. It is at the discretion of Street Laced, only after speaking with the client and receiving approval in writing.
- No finances are to be discussed with any Street Laced hired talent, entertainers or staff on premises.
- No payments are to be exchanged with any Street Laced hired talent, entertainers or staff on premises.
- All payments are to be made to “Street Laced Marketing” and can be paid electronically through our invoice system or can be mailed with notice.
- Weather contingency policy is as follows:
Street Laced representative must be contacted via email/text message (confirmed with SL representative) outside of four (4) hours before the start of the event for any cancellation and/or delay, client will still be liable for 50% of agreed upon talent fee for any cancellation between twelve (12) hours and four (4) hours of event start time. If the client cancels within the four (4) hour window of scheduled start time, the client is liable for 100% of agreed upon talent fee.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Remarketing: We use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and Facebook to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, custom audiences based on e-mails and phone numbers of subscribers and customers are created. This allows us to present special offers for our products and services to you via Facebook and Google. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you special offers from us. We use the following third-party service providers for remarketing:
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
How can you opt out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
You can request to have your information removed by clicking on the Contact Us button on this or any other page.
Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to complete that transaction and for record keeping purposes.
Third Party Disclosures
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a Policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.